NORTH HOPKINS COUNSELING PROGRAM: COUNSELING PANTHERS FOR SUCCESS!
Welcome to the North Hopkins Counseling Program! Lots of good things are happening and we want YOU to be a part of it!!
Please check out the College page to watch the FAFSA video!
Codes for Google Classroom
Virtual office hours link: https://meet.google.com/pzb-txsy-auy
Virtual Office Hours for you. Please email me for an appointment at email@example.com or please fill out the form that you can find in the side bar that says I need to see the Counselor.
Checking In On YOU! Feel free to fill out this google form just to let me know how everyone is.
Mental Health Resources- https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/1073/mental_health_grief_and_trauma_resources.pdf
“It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.” – Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl
Below you will find different resources and links to mindfulness activities, destress activities, and outreach services. In a time like this, when social distancing is a necessity, it can be a difficult time emotionally, and we want you to have different activities and resources you can use to lower your stress, anxiety, and interact with others.
Handling Stress & Anxiety
● Anxiety Workbook: Check PDFs
● Mindfulness Practices:
Mindfulness Breathing Sequence:
Exercise Sequences to Lower Stress and Anxiety: Yoga, Zumba, Dance
○ Kids Yoga YouTube Channel: Cosmic Kids
○ Kids Dance Videos
○ Restorative Yoga Flows:
○ Zumba & Dance
○ Guided Breathing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awc8MLSpjlQ
○ Apps: Calm, Dreamy Kid, Stop, Breath, and Think, super Stretch Yoga, Take A Chill, and Headspace
At Home Fun
● Google Earth Tours (Article Contains 13 Tours) https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/google-earth-virtual-tours/
● Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens will have a daily Facebook Live show on their page at 2pm CST featuring a different animal each weekday.
● Character Strong Virtual Assemblies Start March 20th: Info to come.
● Talking to your children about COVID 19: https://childmind.org/article/talking-to-kids-about-the-coronavirus/ https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/NASN/3870c72d-fff9-4ed7-833f-215de 278d256/UploadedImages/PDFs/02292020_NASP_NASN_COVID-19_parent_handout.pdf https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/coronavirus-how-talk-child.html
● BrainPop Video Explaining COVID 19: https://www.brainpop.com/health/diseasesinjuriesandconditions/coronavirus/
● Body Scan for Kids- https://www.mindful.org/body-scan-kids/
● Parent Toolkit- https://www.parenttoolkit.com
● What To Do (And Not Do) When Children Are Anxious- https://childmind.org/article/what-to-do-and-not-do-when-children-are-anxious/
Parent/Caregiver Guide- https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/1073/outbreak_factsheet_1.pdf