Dual Credit classes are classes that are taken by the student for both high school credit and college credit. At North Hopkins English and College Algebra are offered for dual credit beginning Junior year.
(Concurrent classes can be taken beginning sophomore year but are not counted as high school credit and the student is not given time during the school day to work on those classes.)
STEPS FOR DUAL CREDIT
1. Fill out a Paris Junior College Application link. The link is below. A handout is also added to assist in the process.
Paris Junior College Application Link
Hand out – https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/1073/pjc_dual_credit_enrollment.pages
- See Coach Lewis to complete a Dual Credit Registration Enrollment Form. This must be done.
- Check with Coach Lewis to see if you need to take the TSI or if scores on STARR tests were high enough. Scores are based on Algebra 1 EOC and English 2 EOC exams. This is for PJC only.
- Continue to check your email for acceptance email from PJC. Follow instructions and set up your PJC dragon account.
- Be aware of deadlines for payment. If classes are not paid for or a payment plan is not setup you will be droppped from class. I cannot get you back in. I will not know if you owe money.